welcome to the baring
We are a friendly, traditional pub located on the Hackney / Islington border. Our great home-made food is served all day alongside an extensive list of fine wines and real ales. We have space for business meetings or private parties for up to 80 people.
The Baring has been owned by Matt Wark since November 2005 and has built up a regular, local trade. Excellent reviews from Evening Standard and Time Out, plus CAMRA Pub of the Season in 2007 helped, but main reasons quoted by regulars are:
- Sky Sports and Setanta on big screens
- Friendly locals and regulars- everyone knows each other
- Great, informal service
- Excellent home-made food, particularly Sunday roasts
- Real ale and premium lagers
- Great wine list with wine tasting nights
- Pool table
- Free Wi-Fi
- Thursday night quiz and curry
- Poker nights
- Resident blues band
We have a pub cricket team, entering its 3rd year and are always seeking new players. We also sponsor a local football team, The Hoxton Foxes.